1) Organization and participation in the implementation of state control of comprehensive veterinary-epidemiological and veterinary-sanitary measures to prevent and fight agains contagious and noncontagious animal diseases in the Republic of Armenia, veterinary activities, registration and identification of livestock, artificial insemination, bonification, breeding activities, genetic material production, animal slaughter, control of processes of organization and conduct of seromonitoring activities and analysis of results.
2) Organization and participation in the implementation of measures to prevent the introduction of quarantine, particularly dangerous and infectious animal diseases subject to mandatory notification from foreign countries into the territory of the Republic of Armenia, ensuring cooperation with state and other interested bodies in this direction.
3) Notify the control body authorized by the Government of the Republic of Armenia to ensure the sanitary and epidemiological safety of the population of the Republic of Armenia in case of detection of infectious diseases common for animals and humans, organize and implement joint activities.
4) Organization and participation in the control of products under veterinary control as well as destruction or utilization of animal carcasses.
5) entering data on infectious animal diseases subject to compulsory notification into the database, conducting summaries and notifying the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) in the prescribed manner.